ZelioSoft 2

dskplc

Hello,

I have created a small program in ZelioSoft 2 - pls see attached - to meet the following requirements.

• 2 proxy inputs, 2 alarm outputs.
• The logic for each pair of inputs and outputs will be identical.
• The input will switch on and off in regular intervals. for example: high for 10 seconds, low for 60 seconds
• If the input stops pulsating, then energize the output.
• As soon as the input starts pulsating again, de-energize the output.

In addition, there are two more inputs (boiler running) that pair up with the outputs. If this input is not energized, disable the logic for the pules detection described below. When this input gets energized, wait for 120 seconds before enabling the pulse detection logic.

My job is on the line due to my limited programming skills and need someone to please critique to I can keep learning on my own.

Thank you very much for your help.

zelio.jpg

Zip and attach the program to the thread. I have the software to run and test the program. The .jpg picture is not very clear on my computer.

Hello,

Here is my ZelioSoft 2 program. Again, thanks for reviewing this. I have changed some of this since the original posting. I have simulated it but still not sure if it meets the requirements.

I think you need to clarify the statements of what you are trying to accomplish. I am suggesting some changes using red highlight. If you agree, then I will offer some ideas on how this can be done. Now if I don't have the right concept, please correct me.
Hello,

I have created a small program in ZelioSoft 2 - pls see attached - to meet the following requirements.

• 2 proxy inputs, 2 alarm outputs.
• The logic for both of these inputs and outputs will be identical.
• The input will switch on and off in regular intervals. The input should be, for example: high for less than 10 seconds, or low for less than 60 seconds
• If the input stops pulsating, then energize the output.
• As soon as the input starts pulsating again, de-energize the output.

In addition, there are two more inputs (boiler running) that pair up with the outputs. If this input is not energized, disable the logic for the pules detection described below. When this input gets energized, wait for 120 seconds before enabling the pulse detection logic.

My job is on the line due to my limited programming skills and need someone to please critique to I can keep learning on my own.

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree on your changes except I was thinking the high will be 10 sec and low will be 60 sec. Are you thinking of using a less than or greater than instruction?

Yes, I agree on your changes except I was thinking the high will be 10 sec and low will be 60 sec. Are you thinking of using a less than or greater than instruction?
I was going to use timers to sense when the time in either condition or state had exceeded the designated amount. This is only my 1st attempt for a solution for you. I'm pretty sure more revisions are going to be needed.
See attached file.

I was going to use timers to sense when the time in either condition or state had exceeded the designated amount. This is only my 1st attempt for a solution for you. I'm pretty sure more revisions are going to be needed.
See attached file.
Thank you jrwb4gbm. I put this into simulation and I was thinking the inputs would be pulsing on and off? I can't see this. I just discovered this is bit of code is for a real job and since my job is on the line worried that this may work better than my code but still not quite there. Should I go with this or are there more revisions?
Again, thank you for your help.

Thank you jrwb4gbm. I put this into simulation and I was thinking the inputs would be pulsing on and off? I can't see this. I just discovered this is bit of code is for a real job and since my job is on the line worried that this may work better than my code but still not quite there. Should I go with this or are there more revisions?
Again, thank you for your help.
No, I would not go with the example revision that I posted. It is for learning only, not a real world application. You need to either clearly define the operating of the pulses or have whoever is presenting you with the need to do so. The on/off pulses need to be defined as they are supposed to work. I have only guessed that they need to be changing sooner than the elapsed time periods you defined. If they must be on/off for a longer than the elapsed time periods you defined, then, different logic is required. Again, every step must be defined exactly for it to be coded and for you to understand how it works.

Here is Revision 2. It provides one way for the input pulse to be on for more than 10 seconds and to be off for more than 60 seconds. Again, this is just a learning example, not for a real world application. Maybe you can use logic from either or both revisions to build the actual program you need.