Connected Components Workbench - HMI Issue

EICS

First Time CCW user, been using all rockwells other suites for years.

I have CCW V13 installed and have configured my PLC and HMI (the HMI tools are terrible if you have used FTV for years) and have them communicating and my project is 90% completed.

my issue is transferring the application to HMI, i cannot seem to get the comms to work from my machine and i am transferring the application to the terminal via USB stick as an export file from CCW as i have spent way too long trying to get the comms to work.

can anyone give me hints on how to config the HMI to accept direct downloads for my machine. its a 2711R-T7T Panelview 800

i have set the terminal to IP 192.168.0.101 my machine is on 192.168.0.230 but i cannot get it to see the terminal. i have tried Serial as well. i have no idea whats wrong.

what are the options for downloads direct to terminal ?

i see the terminal has

-DB9 port ( which is what the PLC is connected to)
-USB micro Port
-Ethernet port.
-USB A port(which i am using)

I tried connecting with ethernet 1 time. Didnt work, but that was 3 panels ago.
Ever since i have just used the USB. Never tried ethernet again on those panels.

I had a similar issue on a recent project. Found a tech note that says to connect the Ethernet cable from the PC directly to the Panelview and that worked for me. A little nuisance having to disconnect/reconnect to the PLC to during testing but project is done and I don't have to deal with this again for a while I hope.

What's the problem? It's very easy if you are in one local network with the panel.
1. Double-click to the HMI application in the left project tree window.
2. Choose the communication path in the right upper corner of this screen
3. Click the "Verify" button and then the "Download" button.

Hmmm.... I'm a little confused as to why you had so much difficulty downloading via Ethernet. I did a project a couple of years ago for a customer and never had a problem. I actually deployed several updates via Ethernet remotely over a VPN and still didn't have any problems. Maybe it's a software version/compatibility issue with your machine? I'm kind of at a loss. Without an Ethernet option for application updates, the PV800 product would be just about useless for me, and I've been using them ever since they came out. Maybe I've just been lucky.

well it seems its a firmware problem, see below from rockwell site.

Corrected Anomalies

This release corrects the following anomalies.

Terminal does not appear in RSLinx Classic software
Corrected Anomaly with Firmware Revision 6.012
Known Anomaly First Identified as of Firmware Revision 5.013
Catalog Numbers:

• 2711R-T4T
  • 2711R-T7T
  • 2711R-T10T

In RSLinx® Classic software, the terminal does not appear under the RSWho window if the terminal is connected to the network.

i did upgrade the firmware to V6.011 in the terminal as soon as i got it, looks like they have only just released this later version a week or so ago.

I will download and upgrade and then report back.