Redlion talking to an Omron CJ2M Fins

ATU

I have an Omron CJ2M-CPU34 and a Redlion G308
Trying to establish Ethernet Communications.

In the CJ2, I have the following setings
IP: 198.162.0.100
set up a router table,using configurator, Unit 0, Network 1

In the G3,
IP: 198.162.0.101

I selected the Omron Master Fins Protocol
Dest Network :1
Dest Node:100
Dest Unit 0

Source Network :1
Source Node: 101
Source Unit 0:

I know my cabling and switch works because I have an Omron G9SP on Protocol 2 and its working!

I contacted Redlion, they told me its up to Omron to tell me how to get it to work

I contact Omron and they helped me set up the router table, but eventually they told me that they can't diagnose a Redlion device.

Also noticed on the Router table that Unit O is shown as an Ethernet/IP and Unit 250 is the Built in Ethernet port. I tried both but no luck.

Can anyone help me?

Are you saying that you tried the Omron Ethernet Driver with the G3 and couldn't get it to work?

I did but I also know of a guy who tells me he got it to work - I did not - probably stupid!
My main issue though is I hate Crimson - 2 was absolutely awful - 3 to me is not much better.
I can tell you it is not the only screen software I do not like! Ruddy Omron NB Designer is horrid as well as several other brands. I now use exclusively Omron NS - really good software - and Beijer - almost as good software.

I really wasn't looking for a software evaluation. What I need is someone who has used the G3 Omron Ethernet fins driver. This should work, but perhaps I'm missing some part of the puzzle. Guess I'll set up Wireshark and try to troubleshoot it from the protocol.

Found the problem. If you are using both Omron protocols, the UDP ports must be different, otherwise it creates a conflict in the HMI.

BTW, I think Crimson3 is a big improvement over Crimson2. Although, I have not used Beijer, I have used many other HMI's and found Crimson3 to be quite intuitive, flexible and the software is free. Also the G3's are still made in the USA.

Sorry about the rant - I am working with 4 different sets of screen software and 3 different PLC software at the moment and getting very frustrated - they all make things hard somewhere.

Glad you found the problem - I was going to ask you to post more info and go through it for you. Sometimes a second set of eyes? It is usually something simple - if you have it working that way I will take note of your findings for next time. Thanks.

Found the problem. If you are using both Omron protocols, the UDP ports must be different, otherwise it creates a conflict in the HMI.

Can you elaborate on this?
What is the UDP Ports? & What Program Can I find this under? I have only done 1 Omron Program.

Under Network select Manual Configuration and set your IP for the Display

Then for Protocol 1 Select Omron Master Via Fins

Enable the driver and then set the UDP Port to the same port as the in the Omron PLC settings, its the 2nd tab I think . If you have multiple PLCs on the same Network, then these numbers have to be different and match the corresponding PLC's or Safety Controller I had 2 CJ2's and a G9SP. So the PLC's were UDP PORTS 9600 and 9601, the G9 had 9602 on the G9SP Protocol

Last edited:
To set the Ethernet Port on a CJ2 in CX , Select IO Table and Unit Setup on the Left tree. THen "Built in Port/Inner Board"

Select the Ethernet board

Under TCP/IP Tab fill in the IP address and Subnet
Under Fins/UDP leave default at 9600 for a single PLC, if Multiples here is where you have to change it for each PLC on the Network. Also, you need a pretty new version of CX to use the newer style CJ2 processors.

I have an Omron CJ2M-CPU34 and a Redlion G308
Trying to establish Ethernet Communications.

In the CJ2, I have the following setings
IP: 198.162.0.100
set up a router table,using configurator, Unit 0, Network 1

I contact Omron and they helped me set up the router table, but eventually they told me that they can't diagnose a Redlion device.

In The Configurator Program were you able to select a CJ2M Processor? I only see a CJ1? Or Did you select something else? Thank You for the Help.

To set the Ethernet Port on a CJ2 in CX , Select IO Table and Unit Setup on the Left tree. THen "Built in Port/Inner Board"

Select the Ethernet board

Under TCP/IP Tab fill in the IP address and Subnet
Under Fins/UDP leave default at 9600 for a single PLC, if Multiples here is where you have to change it for each PLC on the Network. Also, you need a pretty new version of CX to use the newer style CJ2 processors.

Thank You very much I was wondering where the Unit number was at