Delta HMI screen Freezes out with Delta PLC at intervals.

okoye

Hi great Friends.

I used a Delta HMI (DOP-B) series connect to a Delta PLC (DVP- EH) model....both hooked up on a wire drawing machine. Both of the HMI and .PLC have been working fine over the years until lately.

The HMI now freezes its screen at different intervals during operation. When this happens, machine stops and all the control icons on the HMI no longer respond to human touch.
The machine only comes on again after an Emergency button is pushed OR after Powering off and on again.

(1) What is responsible for this intermittent FREEZING of the HMI...?

(2) What is the easiest way to solve this intermittent problem...?

Note: there is no BACKUP program for both HMI and PLC.... because the machine is a bit old.