PanelView1000 (637 Communication Driver has FAULTED -contact technical support)

driverx

Hi Guy,
some times i receive this message in my PV1000: 637 Communication Driver has FAULTED -contact technical support.
after there is no communication betwen PLC-HMI (all tags are :ERROR
in HMI)
1- i changed ethernet switch
2- i changed ethernet cable betwen HMI-PLC(MICROLOGIX 1500)
the problem is still there, I keep getting this error message.
has anyone seen this problem before?
thanks

how i can get TechConnect contract?
thnx

Generally you either rob a bank or sacrifice a virgin to the dark lord.

You get in touch with your RockWell rep and have them set you up. A basic email support contract with TechConnect access is somewhere between $1000 and $2000 a year if I remember correctly. The support comes in handy though, along with KB access.

What is the model number of your PanelView? Does the error happen immediately upon power up, or does it happen after the PanelView has been running for a while? Is this an existing application or a new application?

If the error code does not go away after a power cycle with everything on the network connected, go to Communication Setup and look for the error message at the bottom of the screen.

If the error appears in the Communication setup display, the ethernet components have failed on the terminal. you will need to replace or repair.

What is the model number of your PanelView? Does the error happen immediately upon power up, or does it happen after the PanelView has been running for a while? Is this an existing application or a new application?

Hi,
this is the panelView 1000, catalog number: 2711-T10C20.
this happens when PV is in normal function, the application is always the same (existing application).
thnx

when I close the power switch of the HMI and I open it, the message disappears but after 2 or 4 days comes back again.

If the error code does not go away after a power cycle with everything on the network connected, go to Communication Setup and look for the error message at the bottom of the screen.

If the error appears in the Communication setup display, the ethernet components have failed on the terminal. you will need to replace or repair.

when I close the power switch of the HMI and I open it, the message disappears but after 2 or 4 days comes back again.

Here is a revised clip from the tech note, I cant paste the whole thing but you can try this....

Increase the terminal Inter-Scan Delay from 100 ms to slow down the communications. it may have to go from 200 up to 500 ms.

You also need to consider noise on your network.

Another note, if you have a relationship with your local AB distributor you can sometimes request a copy of the technote from them. I have done this in the past before we had tech connect.

Here is a revised clip from the tech note, I cant paste the whole thing but you can try this....

Increase the terminal Inter-Scan Delay from 100 ms to slow down the communications. it may have to go from 200 up to 500 ms.

You also need to consider noise on your network.

ok i will try...
thnx a lot