EMERSON Micro motion 5700 with compact logix

Ganeshjangam

hello,

i am using compact logix L16ER PLC and emerson Micro motion 5700 MFM.
i used TOTALIZER block in studio 5000 to calculate transferred quantity.

i am facing issue to calculate accurate transfered quantity.
MFM gives flow rate of air....so how can i calculate actual product flow rate so that i get exact quantity.
MFM gives data of flow rate,density,gain and temperature...how to use this all parameters to knw actual flow rate of product.

thanks in advance

i used TOTALIZER block in studio 5000 to calculate transferred quantity....
MFM gives flow rate of air....so how can i calculate actual product flow rate so that i get exact quantity.

MFM gives data of flow rate,density,gain and temperature...how to use this all parameters to knw actual flow rate of product.
The OP is not clear.

Do we want to know the instantaneous flow rate at any single point in time, e.g. SCFM (standard cubic feet per minute), or the accumulated transferred quantity between two times (or between two events) e.g. m**3 (cubic meters)?

What is your skill level? Engineer? Technician?

Note that the 5700 appears to be able to report both instantaneous flow rate and accumulated transferred quantity directly. For the latter the PLC would need to be able to reset the 5700 totalizer at the time of a start event.

please find attached images
MFM DETAILS LINK https://******/3gh3HjI

even if there is no oil passing through mass flow meter still it gives flow rate due to air.

so thats the reason, i dont get exact quantity of transferred material....

can we detect air/gas in oil????

mfm1.PNG mfm2.PNG mfm3.PNG mfm4.PNG

If that is the case then the flow meter is not installed properly, the flow meter should be installed so that it is always full. In other words any shut off valves are normally installed upstream of the flow or flow meter fitted in a well of the pipe to keep it full, some will also give a signal if random readings indicating there is cavity in the tube (empty pipe detection). The other thing you could do is if the flow is controlled via a pump or valve , when the pump stops/ valve closes (give a little delay to allow the flow to stop) and disable the totalizer, this will reduce the error considerably.