What is the oldest PLC system you have running?

later was EDS became part of GM. AND others ... like Hughes Electronic, Raytheon Defense system.

When GM open plants in China, all other high tech defense was conveniently transferred and stolen by the Chinese.

I think Modicon was one of the first controllers it was designed by Dick Morley it was made up of "MOdular DIgitial CONtroller." I believe these were in use in the very late 60's I replaced one that was fitted in 1972 (I think), it was replaced in 1997 with a Mitsubishi A series.

It must have been quite an exclusive club, at the time. The first Modicon system that I replaced was installed .. maybe 1978? 984S maybe?

Saskatchewan, Canada is not exactly a progressive and high-tech mecca. But it's still a bit depressing that Modicon was around for 10 years before an industrial installation came up here.