DataStore Plus PanelView plus 700

nmk34

i need help in getting Datastor plus to create the log file in the location as configure the activex object.
i have an existing project that i want to add datastore plus to it. the global connection is been used by this project to switch displays depending on the status in the PLC program. no macros in the existing project.
i created a new screen and added the datastore activex object.

general tab: on top selected
connection tab:
location of file: "\windows\logs\filename.csv"
trigger: plc_tag1
handshack:???
added some tags also
display setting: location is set off the visible area of the HMI display at run time.

WHAT IS MISSING? MACROS? I do not want to put anything in the global connection,
the runtime project does not create a log file: filename.csv

Datastore plus

I have already run thru this website few times. he is using the global object to change between the Datastore and other displays using macros. my existing project matches his steps with the exception of the macros that changes the display number in the global object. i can not change the global object current tag. i am hopping some one could see if i am missing a step or it can not be done without changing the global object

I implement Data Stor Plus by using a hidden screen that is positioned outside of the display window, it has the Dat Stor Active X. I do not use Global Objects.

This screen is opened first, and then followed by my real main startup screen. So in my startup list, I have two screens, one called "ActiveX" (operator can not see) and "Main"

I have also seen applications, where the Active X object is in the screen Header which is a global object, so it is always active.

The screen has to stay open for the ActiveX to function.

DataStore Plus in panelview plus 700

the runtime file is not created due to error:
Multipple displays in startup. i had tow displays:

datastoredisplay
Main
see below pasted error:

WARNING: To open or convert the runtime application in FactoryTalk View version 9.0 or earlier, install patch. See Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase Answer ID 1041447.
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Multiple Initial Graphic Displays; Component type=Startup
Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

the runtime file is not created due to error:
Multipple displays in startup. i had tow displays:

datastoredisplay
Main
see below pasted error:

WARNING: To open or convert the runtime application in FactoryTalk View version 9.0 or earlier, install patch. See Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase Answer ID 1041447.
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Multiple Initial Graphic Displays; Component type=Startup
Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

Okay, I am using version 12.

From what I have read, V9 should be able to open 5 displays.

What version are you running?

Have you applied any Roll-Up patches to your PC? If not, I would highly recommend the Roll-Up patches.

I remember using the Screen Start-up macro to write a value to open the second screen (main), prior to v9. Using the Global connections.

Active X screen startup macro writes Main Screen #, Main screen startup macro puts global connection back to 0

I am just not sure how that will work in your application, as you have said the PLC is controlling the Screens?

aactive-x.png

DataStore for panelview Plus 700

Thank you for your help, i have not applied any patches. i am running ver 11.0
I managed to get the DataStore to work, by adding a button to the Main screen to navigate to the Datastore display which i set to be "On Top". I added buttons to allow me to go back to Main display. I assigned a password to the Datastore display to avoid others from tampering with it. The .csv file was created and logging. probably, the draw back to this method is when the HMI project, loaded after power recycled, the DataStore display needs to run as i mentioned above to start logging. Defiantly, i will install ver 12 and all patches as you described.