Siemens License Transfer

exiled

Hi guys hoping you Siemens buffs can help me out here.

Currently running a win 7 vm (upgrading to a clean install of win 10) with Step 7 5.6, TIA v 12 thru 16 and a few other legacy programs Microwin etc.

I want to transfer all the license keys from the current vm to the USB Keys. however i cant find all the actual USB drives.

Is it possible to transfer all the licenses to one License key USB Drive?

Last edited:
You don't even need a special Siemens USB, you can use anything.

You don't even need a special Siemens USB, you can use anything.

Wow I never knew that. So there’s nothing special about the usb drives supplied by Siemens then? I always thought they had some magical format like the old Rockwell floppy’s !

Wow I never knew that. So there’s nothing special about the usb drives supplied by Siemens then? I always thought they had some magical format like the old Rockwell floppy’s !

The only thing magic about the USB stick you get from Siemens is that they have the license info printed on the side, and that last I saw the license drives were smaller than any USB stick you could find on the market.

ALSO also, you can set Automation License Manager up to share transfer licenses over the network, or even share between computers.

I have all my licenses on my host machine, and make them available to all the VMs. Obviously, only one VM can use it at a time, but it keeps me from having to switch things around.