ET200M vs ET200 SP HA

Lc1

Hello,
With regards to the bases of the ET200M and ET200 SP HA is there an appreciable difference in the physical footprint of the bases? From what I have seen the ET200 SP HA is taller and a little deeper but the ET200M is wider as the IO modules are around 40mm wide whereas the ET200sp HA is around 22.5mm and they both have similar channel density.

Is it enough to warrant significant attention? Has anyone came across this before?

Thanks

Hello, ET200SPHA has higher IO density as AI is 16ch,DI 32ch,DO 32ch and AO 8ch in 23mm wide. The max slot you can have is 56 cards in one rack. So you can install vertically in your panel to save space. Redundant interface card with PROFINET.

Is it enough to warrant significant attention? Has anyone came across this before?

I think the part that warrants significant attention is that Siemens has more or less said the S7-300 & ET200M will be phased out Oct 1, 2023, and are therefore encouraging users to switch to ET200SP HA for PCS7 applications.