Rslogix 5000 PID Scaling Tab

Abn

Hi, I am confuse with the scaling tab on the PID dialog box.

On the Process variable I am using a tag that is already scale. 0 to 16 Feet Level.

I am confused what do I input on the scale tab. I am using 16 on the max unscaled and also 16 on the engineering units max.

Is this right?

Untitled.jpg

Regards.

Hi, I am confuse with the scaling tab on the PID dialog box.

On the Process variable I am using a tag that is already scale. 0 to 16 Feet Level.

I am confused what do I input on the scale tab. I am using 16 on the max unscaled and also 16 on the engineering units max.

Is this right?

View attachment 58202

Regards.

Hi, I have done a few of these, and maybe Peter will weigh in. In the PV side, your units are basically what your input would be whether 4 - 20mA or 0 - 10V. (There are many unit configurations available: -10 - +10V, 0 - 20mA, etc. Check your device information) As you can see, my units for the PV that I had in this project were 4 - 20mA. The engineering units are the range of the device. In this case in my project it was a temperature transmitter with a range of minus 100 degrees F to plus 200 degrees F. This is what will eventually be displayed in other places such as an HMI display and also in logic for analog values and can be used in compare instructions and the like.
So for your application, your level sensor is either mA or Volts. Then the zero to 16 foot would be the engineering units (range) Hope this helps.

scaling.png

Last edited:
Hi, I have done a few of these, and maybe Peter will weigh in. In the PV side, your units are basically what your input would be whether 4 - 20mA or 0 - 10V. (There are many unit configurations available: -10 - +10V, 0 - 20mA, etc. Check your device information) As you can see, my units for the PV that I had in this project were 4 - 20mA. The engineering units are the range of the device. In this case in my project it was a temperature transmitter with a range of minus 100 degrees F to plus 200 degrees F. This is what will eventually be displayed in other places such as an HMI display and also in logic for analog values and can be used in compare instructions and the like.
So for your application, your level sensor is either mA or Volts. Then the zero to 16 foot would be the engineering units (range) Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help.