My Rslogix stays stuck on Splash Screen

showshocka

Hi. My Rslogix 20.x stays stuck on the Splash Screen. I have tried to reinstall multiple other versions; 20.03, 20.04, .24.x, 28.x but the install shuts down stating I have newer versions installed and can not continue. Any Ideas? Thank you in advance.Logix will not open 2003_2004.JPG

Installed as of 5292021.JPG

Last time I ran into that error I had to go to Customize during installation and deselect one of the options, I think it was the top one, FactoryTalk Services Platform.

I sure did, and also tried to open in compatibility mode as Windows 8 and 7.
But did you try compatibility mode for Windows Vista?

(apologies for the profanity, but I've found a couple of versions required that exact compatibility mode to work)

Also Also, see this thread where I detailed the process of installing everything from v11 through to v32 on Windows Server 2019 (which is for all intents and purposes Windows 10 with less crapware and more server tools) and some of the tricks that helped get it all working

I have seen that before
It's an incompatible version it only happens if I think version 18 or 19 is installed on the same machine and then you install 20
What you need to do is install 20 with the highest revision you can download
or tell it not to load splash screen
Hope that helps

I seen this before, multiple time on multiple PC. Sometime the common "fix" works, something doesn't. Yes, try the latest minor revision first.

Are you able to launch the FactoryTalk Activation Manager?

No.

[/ATTACH]

I also tried to install [ 2.90.00-FTServices-A-DVD ] It said I had the latest version installed, and canceled its install

FTAM hanging.JPG

Attachments

• Error FTAM.JPG
    Error FTAM.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: