My Rslogix stays stuck on Splash Screen

This might be worth trying, which can sometimes clean up launch issues, especially when no known actions caused the problem.:

Default Studio 5000 as follows

>> Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Rockwell Software/Studio 5000/ENU/v28/bin (or the appropriate folder for the version in question if not v28)
>> Hold down the CTRL-SHIFT keys.
>> Right click LogixDesigner.exe and select Run as Administrator
>> Keep holding down the CTRL-SHIFT keys until the software opens.

uninstalling FTServices and reinstalling

Well, first I uninstalled FTAM, then I was able to open 5000 but only V17 would open. I then reinstalled v20.01 to build up to higher versions since V17 had opened. Once I reinstalled version V20.01 it did the same thing, hung on the Splash screen until it just eventually went away, not opening. Following that, I reinstalled V4.05.02 FTAM and my 5000, still would not open, hung splash screen. I then Tried to open FTAM and got an entire new error. (Below)

FTAM 40502 error.JPG

So, I uninstalled all of rs5000 and then reinstalled all my versions. It all goes to **** and starts hanging once I install 20.03. I uninstall 20.03 and it opens, no hanging on splash screen. It opens in version 17.

Rs Versions to 17.JPG

Right Quick. Does anyone have a version of Rslogix20.03 they can send me? I am suspecting my version is corrupt. I got a Newley imaged laptop, No programs installed and it still will not open! Thanks

I would not recommend 20.03 or 20.01. I think the latest is 20.05, install that or 20.04 is fine too. 20.03 or 20.01 got some quirky security incompatibility with each other. Rockwell resolved that issue with 20.04+

I would not recommend 20.03 or 20.01....Rockwell resolved that issue with 20.04+

Maybe a dumb thought but, I am guessing by that that 20.04+ will read down to 20.03? I also have uninstalled "all" of 20.03 and counting on no remanences of it being installed will affect this next version 20.04. We'll see.

There are compatibility issues between different minor revisions of V20. It is a mess. ID: IN1034 | Access Levels: Everyone This KB article explains it pretty well. There are other KB articles that discuss the issues between versions, but that was the first one I came across.

Maybe a dumb thought but, I am guessing by that that 20.04+ will read down to 20.03? I also have uninstalled "all" of 20.03 and counting on no remanences of it being installed will affect this next version 20.04. We'll see.

This is worth repeating, (AFAIK), ONLY ONE MAJOR version can exist on a PC at one time.

- If you install 20.0X followed by 20.0Y then 20.0Y is what you end up with. That's my understanding.

20.04 or 20.05 will handle ANY of the 20.xx offline files.

Also, don't confuse firmware version with software version. Not the same thing and any of the Major software revision should be able to go online as long as the major revision matches.