CCW on Micro830

bluenoser337

Someone must be successfully using this CCW software. I have the developer edition version 9.01. Every time I try to do anything I get an error or things lock up. This seems to be the predominant error "Failed to get running image info from controller" which stops downloading, uploading, etc etc. I am trying to set up and test reading Modbus addresses from the Micro but things are going...well...not so good. Micro has plug-in serial port. My OS is W7 64 bit. :( I switched from USB to serial for the laptop connection but it didn't help.

I don't know that I can help as I am new to the PLC world. However, I do use CCW and the micro800 series plc's a lot.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

I just completed my first project using Micro800 line products and CCW.
During the course of my project I had to re-boot my computer a few times, sometimes simply re-starting the CCW software would cure the hiccups. I had it freeze on me a few times but not like your explaining. The other thing that would happen in my case is my properties window when docked on the right side of my screen would occasionally start to look choppy and was no longer interactive with my mouse. Quick re-start of the software and off we go.

I did come to like the CCW software and I can appreciate the speed of programming once you figure out some of its silliness. However, it just for small applications as I did hit some walls when trying to add any bells and whistles.

Just for simple stuff its great!

I have worked with a Micro830 before and I find the same bugs, I am possibly starting another project using Micro series (another thread I already started).

Rebooting seems to be a necessary bi-product of using CCW software. Micro8xx series is a product of AB buying out a company and trying to make that companies "style" work within ABs framework. So it has its issues.

Error fix

I had the error:
Failed to get running image info from controller. See log file C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\CCW\Log\ISaGRAF.ISaGRAF5.Vsx.log for more details.

The fix for me was to always keep project save files in the location where Connected Components Workbench originally wants to save them = documents/CCW. I got the error when i opened project files saved on the desktop.

I have the same issue with Micro850 using CCW version 11 on Windows 10 Pro
I found a technote from Rockwell related to this issue and I applied all the steps of their solution however it is not working for me.

I am able to connect, upload and even download firmware, however every time I am trying to download any program it is give me the same message of failing to get running image!!

I tried to upload and download the same upload configuration and it is gave me the same message.

below the technote from rockwell:

11/26/2018 817678 - CCW error: Failed to get running image from controller
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/817678 1/2
CCW error: Failed to get running image from controller
817678 | Date Created: 04/20/2016 | Last Updated: 01/12/2018
Access Level: Everyone
Print
Problem
When trying to download/upload from, or connect to a Micro800 controller, Connected Components Workbench
returns following error:
Failed to get running image info from controller. See log file
C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\CCW\Log\IsaGRAF.ISaGRAF5.Vsx.log for more details
Environment
Connected Components Workbench
2080-LCxx-xxxx
Cause
This fault is generated while working with Micro800 project, when there is a comma character: , in the path
name to the project file.
The project file is saved on network drive
Solution 1
Remove all comma characters ',' from the path name. They can be replaced by '_', or other characters.
Solution 2
Export controller from problematic project. Create new project for the same controller version and the same
controller part number. Import controller to a new file.
Solution 3
Save the project file to Local drive then try to download to controller again

I only use the CCW to program some Ethernet drives. I've never used the 800 or programming. Doesn't sound like I want to after reading this thread