GX developer: Exporting code

You must have something wrong, GX developer will print to PDF as multiple pages, however, I think there is a slight bug a print preview only shows one page but on win 10 using Microsoft print to pdf + others I have tried prints all pages, but only displays one page in print preview.

Update...you were right, the preview only shows one page. I've now managed to print the code to PDF. Although it's just MAIN, even though I selected DEFAULTS and ANALOGUE too, so a bit more investigation needed, but it's a step forward.

Edit ... DEFAULTS was printed too, but it wasn't in the file name.
Just the ANALOGUE needs printing now.

Last edited:
When you print there is a dialog box with loads of parameters to select like cross ref, data comments etc. it defaults to certain selections so you can tailor it to your needs, for example you may want at the side of the ladder the cross ref of all contacts on that rung ok for quickly finding where else is used but it makes the printout rather large & cramped it is not easy to select what you want on the printout but at least it gives you all the options.

Thanks , when I printed to PDF, I got some extra info down the RHS, relating to the parameters to the left. I don't know what the things down the RHS mean, eg what does. B/D, A/S mean etc?

Screenshot_20210623_094721.jpg

Cannot remember the exact meaning but if I remember correctly, AS is read BD is write so if a contact or a memory is loaded & read it is AS & if it is an output or moved to is BD. I did read up on it many years ago I think if you look closely where a move instruction moves say D200 to D208 then D200 is AS & D208 is BD. so basically it is read or write. note the number is the address as such or step so on the left 42 is the number of the first instruction it depends on the type of instruction as to how many addresses it takes up
so two contacts on a rung where the start of rung is 42 then the next contact is 43 but in a move there could be more than one step number so the next line might be 49. it is basically the amount of steps (memory is taken up) so for a PLC with a memory capacity of 8k it means you can 8,192 instructions in total before the program memory is full.
See the instruction list instead of ladder.

Step numbers.png