Slc5/05 ethernet communication

s9k2004

Im have some difficulty going online with 1747_L552 controller. Perhaps im missing something and i hope someone could assist me..

Here is my initial steps ive made and troubleshooting..

1. Controller is communicating withRS232 via 1747-UIC adapter..
2. I disabled boottp from channel configuration and assigned the following
IP ADDRESS 192.168.10.0
subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
and saved the parameters.
3. Open local network connection on my laptop and assigned the following static address:

ip address : 192.169.10.100
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

4. Open Rslinks and configure drivers. Adding Ethernet/IP driver
4. Open rswho and tried browsing the device but no network was found.
5. Open cmd at dos and tried pinging the address and no pocket loss connection..

These are the basics in establishing communication but it seems that i am still missing something that is why i am having diffulty going online.

Any additional idea and steps that i need to do? Please help.

Thanks..

Im have some difficulty going online with 1747_L552 controller. Perhaps im missing something and i hope someone could assist me..

Here is my initial steps ive made and troubleshooting..

1. Controller is communicating withRS232 via 1747-UIC adapter..
2. I disabled boottp from channel configuration and assigned the following
IP ADDRESS 192.168.10.0
3. Open local network connection on my laptop and assigned the following static address:

4. Open Rslinks and configure drivers. Adding Ethernet/IP driver
4. Open rswho and tried browsing the device but no network was found.
5. Open cmd at dos and tried pinging the address and no pocket loss connection..

These are the basics in establishing communication but it seems that i am still missing something that is why i am having diffulty going online.

Any additional idea and steps that i need to do? Please help.

Thanks..
MATERIALS REQUIRED:
Adapter 1747-UIC (DH485 AB-UIC, switch RS232) on wire 1761-CBL-PM02.
RSLINX:
YOU MUST CHOOSE: DH485 UIC Devices (AB_UIC-1),
PLC node number: 01

Good day driverx..

I want to configure the ethernet feature of slc5/05 using standard patch cable directly to my laptop going online with the controller..

Thanks

Instead of Ethernet IP driver, configure standard ethernet driver. You will have to manually add the 5/05 address to the node list. Older 5/05's do not support Ethernet IP.

As Ken stated you will need to use a standard ethernet driver for a series A and some B

This may also help but it sounds like you are setting it up correct https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGdnlTXN-lY

Question... why is the DB9 setup for DH485? most of the time thats 232 and you would not use the UIC just a null modem

Hello guys thanks to your help.
My controller is now vissible to my laptop via standard ethernet drive which means i can possibly connect now. However, during uploading another problem surface.

Error is "DiagnostocStatus failed: 0x10"

I will update you guys once i solved this problem

When you upload you need to click on Comms, then SYS comms, then select your driver and then upload, I think you are trying to upload with out the driver set

IP ADDRESS 192.168.10.0

I'm not an Ethernet address expert (know very little if fact) but doesn't the 169 and 168 part of the IP address have to be the same, i.e both 168

Please correct me if I'm wrong, trying to learn

I'm not an Ethernet address expert (know very little if fact) but doesn't the 169 and 168 part of the IP address have to be the same, i.e both 168

Good eye, Mickey. Maybe that was a typo, but you are right that if that 2nd octet is a mismatch, he will be watching the RSLinx browse icon spinning for a long long long time.

Ethernet IP driver is flaky and it just goes out and finds whats out there. Sometimes this browsing does not work. I think it needs a switch between the plc and your laptop. The other Ethernet devices driver works everytime.

The EtherNet/IP driver in RSLinx Classic uses a broadcast packet, with the command "List Identity".

Every device that receives that packet should respond with its identity object, which is what populates the graphical network display so quickly.

It can be less consistent or less reliable than the older Ethernet Devices driver because networks are flexible and complex. If you've got hardwired Ethernet and WiFi connected at he same time, or you have routers that block broadcasts, that sort of thing can affect broadcast traffic.

The older Ethernet Devices driver, as noted, just goes and connects over TCP to each device in the Station list. Of course you already have to know their IP addresses.

Very old SLC-5/05 controllers won't work with the EtherNet/IP driver because they don't support CIP Ethernet. That feature was added to the SLC-5/05 in Firmware Revision FRN5, about 22 years ago.