Factorytalk View Studio Data Log Issue

wes_h_13

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have Factorytalk View Studio local edition installed on multiple machines. Every once in a while the data logging locks up and pens don't update anymore. The only way I have found to fix this is to delete the data log folders and then relaunch the application. Computers all had plenty of hard drive space available. Has anyone else ran into this? If so does anybody have a fix? Please see pictures for datalog configuration.

DatalogA.PNG DatalogB.PNG DatalogC.PNG DatalogD.PNG

The configuration for the Datalog looks ok. Have you opened the Datalog to see if the data was still being logged? You can open the log files in Excel. You won't see the data, but you can see the entries for the tag name and the time.

One thing to note is with the On Change setting, if the data isn't changing, then you'll just have a flat line in the trend window. Can you attach screen shots of the trend configuration?

Have you used the DatalogOff and then DataLogOn commands to stop and restart logging?

OG

When I look at the logs it appears the data is still logging. However Factorytalk View studio trends do not update with any history. Trend clears whenever I change a screen.

I use the datalogon function whenver the application opens. Howver I do have a macro to set datalogoff on shutdown.

I have tried toggling datalogon and off to fix the trending but this didn't appear to work either.