.af5 to .acd Translation

Hello out there! I have a .af5 file that I need to convert to a .acd to view and edit in RSLogix5000. However, I don't have the 6200 series or RSLogix5 software to be able to properly export the files in order to import to 5000. Does anyone have the software on an old box to be able to do this for me? If I were to send out the old program can anyone send me the new program that knows how to do this? Thanks in advance!

When I tried to open the af5 file, I got errors claiming the file might be corrupt. It shows to be 1kb in size and looks pretty empty when viewed in Notepad++

You might try again making a new compressed folder.

I got the same results. I don't have a way of creating a .af5 file from a .rsp file in order to see what a valid result looks like. I can export the database to those old formats using RSLogix5, but not the actual project file. There is data in some of the other files in your folder that appear to be address or instruction comments.

Is the PLC-5 still up and running? If so, maybe you can "borrow" someone with RSLogix5 to access the PLC-5 and upload the file and merge in the database.

Unfortunately the PLC5 is not there anymore. Another programmer ripped it out and replaced it with a Compactlogix. The site has not run right since he "upgraded" the control system, so they fired him and hired me and the person that wrote the original PLC5 program back in the 90's to fix the mess. I have been getting these files from the original programmer that had them on his computer, but they must be corrupt. There is a chance the program still exists on the site computer, so we will have to make a trip out there and dig around. Thanks for trying!

I'm attaching the file that I saved in RSLogix 5, and RSLogix 5000.

Note: I did zero modifications... the files are "as is"... I may not have selected proper tag/address conversions in the dialog boxes.

Not sure how you got that to work from the file uploaded here by the OP, but I am interested in learning how you did it, please and thank you.

All I did was open the .AF5 file with RSLogix 5, save as an .RSP file, then follow the instructions to import the .RSP file in RSLogix 5000. The RSLogix 5 version is V7.3, and the RSLogx 5000 version is V20 or less in Windows 7 32-bit, if that makes any difference.