Documenting an Omron CPM1A program in CX-Programmer

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got an upload from an Omron SYSMAC CPM1A PLC but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to document the inputs and outputs. It's version 9.7 of CX-Programmer and it's in run mode and monitoring. I've tried switching to program mode but that didn't seem to get me any further down the road.

technolog,
It's a latch instruction when the top rung comes ON the address in the Keep instruction (HR0.02) will go on and stay on even if the top rung goes false. The bottom rung will reset the Keep Instruction

This particular KEEP function has an added feature.

By using an HR bit it retains its state even after power loss. A useful feature if it's being used as an interlock for prevention of motion unless the shear is in its home position say.

Another quick question. I have HR (retentive) bits in the 0.?? range and the 10.?? range. The same is also true of the digital inputs (0) & outputs (10). Can you confirm that these HR bits are absolutely nothing to do with the digital inputs/outputs with the same number?

Also, can you confirm that the IL & ILC instructions (Interlock & Interlock Clear) work in the same way as Allen-Bradley's MCR instruction? The section of code IL & ILC is only executed when the IL rung is true?

Last edited: