Zebra printer and Rockwell

marvis

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with a Zebra printer, specifically a ZT230.

I need to program the printer with Studio 5000, fmw 33.

Today, I set it in the network and I printed from the Web Server, but the printer does not work with RS Linx.

Why?

Where am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

zebra_issue.png

Hi widelto,

Yes, I can ping but I can’t see the printer on RSLinx.

How can I upgrade printer port? Which driver’s name?

Thanks

OK Marvis, thanks for this info. So this is the situation.

1) You can GetAttributeSingle to 192.168.2.1 (the PLC), so this means EIP Tools is working properly.

2) You can ping 192.168.2.50 (the Zebra printer) and the web server is accessible, so the Zebra printer is properly connected to the network.

3) But the GetAttributeSingle to IP address 192.168.2.50 is causing "Network Error" in EIPTools.

My conclusion is that this Zebra printer has not EtherNet/IP functionality, or if it has, it has not been enabled. Please check the manual and the internal web server. Maybe there is a "CIP Enable" or "EtherNet/IP enable" setting somewhere that needs to be configured. Or call your distributor and find if you were given the wrong firmware or something.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I'm also starting to think that it doesn't have Ethernet / IP functionality or that you need to find some firmware .. but customer support doesn't seem to know anything about it!

It would not surprise me, because only one percentage of customers would need EtherNet/IP and they probably had to invest a lot of money developing the functionality, so to recover the investment they need to charge extra. I hope you manage to get the correct firmware. I had a look at the link you sent and it does seem to be the case.