Siemens-WinCC RT Professional v15.

hkazan

Hello,
I'm working on TIA Portal v15, and Wincc RT Professional. My Pc works on Windows 10 Pro, and I have installed SQL server 2019.
The problem I'm facing is that QSL server (Wincc) is not running or is not able to start, so I can't compile or run my SCADA design.
Wincc RT Professional gives this error : Compilation not possible. The "WinCC" instance is either not running or not available.
I tried to start SQL server (Wincc) from SQL Server Configuration Manger, but it won't run.
Any help, on this problem?
Thanks....

pic4.jpg pic1.JPG Pic 2.JPG pic3.JPG

Does your project run or go to run mode on the development PC?
WinCC RT software is just for the pc without development

I designed and programmed the PLC, and HMI (KTP-1200 comfort). It was compiling and running normally. but when I add the WinCC RT Professional, all the project stopped due to the error mentioned above.

Last edited:
My understanding is that WinCC Professional V16 requires SQL 2016. My guess is an older Portal version (V15) wouldn't like a newer SQL version (2019).

I'd recommend calling tech support to see if you can get that sorted out. I have a feeling it would require reinstalling WinCC Pro at the very least, possibly uninstalling SQL 2019 as well.