Studio 5000 Lite

neilfl

I put together a system a couple of years ago with a L306ERM with I-O, PanelView, etc and I was sold Studio 5000 Lite to program it. It worked out ok on that project but now I have a project that I need to use a Powerflex 525 VFD and the software won't let me add the Powerflex. I've tried several different PFs and none can be added. It crashes at the Create button and puts out the wonderfully descriptive message of "Unknown Error" Email AB support. As of 4-1-21, AB doesn't take emails for Powerflex drives. Anyone know if the Lite version of Studio 5000 will work with a Powerflex 525?
Thanks you for looking.

It should work, do you have the PF525 add-on profile from AB, Try that?

Studio crashes are usually not license linked, and happen due to installation/compatibility issues.

It should work, do you have the PF525 add-on profile from AB, Try that?

Studio crashes are usually not license linked, and happen due to installation/compatibility issues.

Yeah it's usually my experience that extra options/features that you don't have access to are usually gone altogether or greyed out. I've experienced that with different programming languages in Logix (FBD, ST etc).