AB Ultra 3000 DSD FAULT 19

WallyPrestone said:
Please help to clear fault # 19 positioning error on Allen Bradley Ultra 3000 Digital Servo Drive using AB Utra Software
Thank You

OK. Clear the error. Is it all better now?:ROFLMAO:
Seriously, you started 2 threads, and the sum total of info you gave is you've got an AB Ultra 3000 Servo Drive, and fault #19.
Are the cables properly connected?
Does the enocder work?
Is the drive train operating properly?
Do you have the proper motor selected?

1919: Following Error

Description: ON indicates the Following Error Limit, set above, has been exceeded.

Possible Causes: Position error limit exceeded.

Suggested Action:

• Retune the drive, start by setting the feedforward gain to 100%.
  • Increase the Following Error Limit and Time.
  • If in Follower Mode, increase the Slew Limit (in the Follower window).
  • Check position loop tuning.
From Ultraware v1.63s's Help section.

Hello CroCop
- The Cable are O.K.
- The Encoder check Ok with good drive ( Swapped )
- Drive Train O.K. Manually and drive good with swapped drive
- Motor configuration are O.K.
Thank you for your help

Wally,

You need to describe your original problem and why you have done what you have done. IT seems that changing the drive and swapping things around isn't helping. My experience is this, most maintenance guys will do what you have done without checking the mechanical side of things. IF this was a working system and has been in operation for a while, then more than likely you have a mechanical problem you are overlooking.

David

Are you using a series c feedback cable? I had alot of problems with the B series and got a PSA from rockwell stating a problem with the cables.

Hello David,

The machine was running fine and just decided to quit due to the cold weather, I swapped to other motor to check for mechanical problem , It ran fine with other good drive, the fault 19 and fault 24 could be some parameter need to change on the Velocity setup and do you know how to manual or auto tune this drive.
Thank you for your help

I am sorta thinking you have overlooked something. You are obviously involved in a maintenance downtime situation. I would be curious what Rockwell finds when you send it in.

David

Hello Dave
Thanks for the help, you were right , due to the maintenance downtime so I could not keep the equipment down any longer , so the quick way is change the drive , It could be connector loosing intermittenly

Regards,

Wally