Floating integer decimal set (F8)

bright676

RSLogix 500
FTVS-ME

I have a floating integer that I only want to go 2 places to the right of the decimal point(100th) but I can't find the instructions to do so.

Can some one point me in the right direction as to where the I can find this?

Thanks

Are you wanting this done in the PLC?

If so, just multiply by 100 and store as an integer (if the whole portion times one hundred is less than 32768) and then divide by 100 again and store as a float.

"floating integer"... I am not going to let that confuse me...maybe you have an integer that represents a floating point value and you need to make the decimal point reappear? If you are using a direct reference to the tag, you'll have to do that in an expression everywhere it is used in Factory Talk (divide by 100). If you are using an HMI tag, look for scaling options to allow it to be done in one place for all references to the tag.