Mitsubishi HMI com cable wiring

JPLYNCH

Hi guys

I am having issue with com error popping up on a GT2104 when I press the HMI screen. I set up a full program and thought i had a problem with that so i basically set up a simple bit button on it and sent it to the HMI so just a simple on but i keep getting com error. The cable is brand new from trusted supplier. This is my first time programming HMI and PLC in lonnnnng time so maybe I am doing something really silly or not? Attached are photos of hardware and connections. Maybe it is my wiring? Any help to an old newbie would be appreciated :D

20210324_134808.jpg 20210324_143741.jpg 20210324_143738.jpg

I am not familiar with the Graphic operator Terminal from Mitsubishi. But the terminal shows RS845 label and I do know that the RS485 specification calls for terminator resistor. Also, if this Mitsubishi does not support baud rate auto detection, then you have to match the baud rate settings from the GOT touch panel or the GOT programming software and on the PLC program. Hope this helps.

What is the PLC model?
Judging by the cable it should be FX3G, FX3S, FX3U, FX2N or FX0S.
Also if it is original cable on other end there is MiniDIN connector.
Also in that case RSA and RSB should be connected as well.

Find attached example and pinout.
HMI example application reads D8001 system register.
Also to note, that you have ordered GT01 cable with DSUB connector on the other end and removed it, so I'm not sure if colors are identical.
You should order GT10 cable and use this pinout.
However it will work if you connect both sides according to diagram.

Also according to your picture you have connected CSA and CSB instead of RSA and RSB.
CSA and CSB is for 5V supply from PLC.
RSA and RSB is for RS422.

I tried the connections as you sent in the diagram and still error. I asked the supplier when he sent the plc and hmi to provide me with the cable between the 2 and that one was what he sent so i assumed it was the correct one. Obviously it is not and I will have to get the right one as i cannot get this one to work

Try putting the Baud rate to 9600, Mitsubishi FX default to this after boot, although for GXDev/Works it auto tests & will set the PLC to the correct baud rate as did the Beijers (Mitsubishi badged HMI), however, I'm not sure about the GOT's, It's worth a try, however, I would expect they should.
As far as I know it is not possible to set the programming port parameters, at least I have never seen any info on this whereas, the addon ports are configurable.
I came across this some years ago, I connected a Scada system using Kepserver & ethernet to 422 converter, It worked fine after installing but after a machine shutdown, it stopped communicating, changed the baud rate to 9600 & it worked fine, I found out later that if I set the converter to 115000 then go on-line with the SC09 cable at 115 kb then plugged in the scada it worked, spoke to Kepserver & they confirmed that the PLC will default to 9600 & they were looking into auto config of the PLC.

From my experience Gt2104 works flawlessly with FX3S as with any other Mitsubishi PLC. I suggest that you don't look at colors of wires in cable but pins, because it is not GT10 but GT01 cable.