Panelview - Navigate to screen automatically on logout?

slick_william

Hello all,

I have a Panelview application (Panelview Plus 7 Standard, 2711P-T12W21D82) for which I am using FactoryTalk View Studio ME version 11.00.00.

I have security on each one of my screens/displays, where the logged in user has to have the appropriate code to navigate to that screen.

However, if a user (say a supervisor) navigates to the screen which requires the access code, and then hits "Log Out", then the Panelview will remain on that screen and allow the user to change any setpoints visible on that screen. They cannot navigate to any other screens, but I do not want a non-logged-in user to be able to change any setpoints at all.

I see that in Project Settings > Runtime, you can enable "Auto Logout" after a time period and specify a screen there. I tried this, and it does not appear to work if the user hits the "Log Out" button. My guess is that this function only applies to log outs which occur due to time-out (30 mins in my case).

Is there a way to navigate to a specific screen whenever a user logs out? This would include logouts due to time out, and logouts due to pressing "Log Out" button.

Thanks!

On the General tab for the logout button prperties there is a "Display Settings" check show display on logout under Display: choose the display you want it to goto.

It's been a while, but I'm reasonably certain that you can assign login and logout macros to each user. If you assign a "navigate to home display" macro to all the elevated users, that would probably solve your problem.

The macro in ME cannot call a display. It is limited to working with tag values. SE yes you can do that, but not ME. That's why they added the function Snyd1 mentioned.

OG

"Macro" was the wrong term to use to describe a programmed action that simply wrote values to more than one tag, because the most common programming-related meaning of that term was "a flexible script to execute multiple functions", like in Excel.

For better or for worse, Rockwell Software slowly built in functions to FTView ME that would be done with a scripting language in Wonderware or Indusoft or FTView SE. FactoryTalk View "macros" have remained just a small table of tags and values that you want to write to them.

I'm interested to hear if the Go To Display function that is assigned to a Log Out button also navigates to that display when the logout is due to a timeout.

I am unsure. but you likely have to specify looking at one I have setup for auto logout.

Under project settings Inactivity Tab is where I setup the auto logout, I use a tag in the PLC and write from the HMI (so the customer can set the timer period). Below that there is also a navigate to a display similar to the logout button I have that setup to go to the same page with no delay.

Did not test it w/o this check box and a screen selected, so I am not sure if required when it is selected for the logout button.

You might have more than one logout button where each could potentially call a different display on logout. Since the inactivity logout is not tied to a specific screen or button it is part of the Project Settings.

In there you must enable the auto-logout and then specify the timeout period. You must also specify a display to load. In my testing if you don't specify a display then it won't auto-logout. The display you select could be any display. It is not connected to the settings on any logout button.

OG

The macro in ME cannot call a display. It is limited to working with tag values. SE yes you can do that, but not ME. That's why they added the function Snyd1 mentioned.

OG
There are ways of achieving this with a macro using global connections. I mean, it's ugly, but then so are a lot of things in FTView ME.