Ethernet/IP comm with SLC IO

Great approach and great solution!

This is almost certainly a very simple fix. Check that after you assign it an IP address you have disabled BOOTP/DHCP in the module.

I can't be sure on the 1747-AENTR specifically, but on a lot of other AENTR modules there are also specific combinations you can set the addressing switches to, which will do various things on a power cycle (like factory reset). Check the position of those switches as well, assuming they exist on this particular module.

Yep, I made this post before I had dug into the manual and indeed the first time i used BOOTP i had skimmed and didnt' see the part about disabling DHCP!! all is well now. Next is to actually get the Delta V controller controlling it. But, the PLC side of things seem to be resolved.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am setting up a SLC-500 rack and cannot get my Ethernet communication to work. I have set the processor to default. Set up my serial...
Replies
Views
Got a quick question on ethernet communication. I have an SLC 5/05 who is talking via ethernet to a panel view and two other machines. The IP...
Replies
Views
We have a SLC 5/04 running and would like to communicate with it over Ethernet rather than run DH+ cable to it as there is a PLC5E unit close by...
Replies
Views
Has anyone used one of these? http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/2497 We have several SLC's (mostly 5/04's) in the plant that...
Replies
Views
I am trying to configure my RSLinx via Ethernet/IP devices setting and am looking for 133.133.120.40 and RSLinx does not "see" it. I am an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom