Reading the triangle ! in CLX IO

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have 4 Altivar VFDs in my IO tree that pull data from the drives. 2 are tutrned off so have the little yellow triangle. Since these are added using a "generic Ethernet module" and CIP assemblies there are no built-in tags to indicate the condition of the "module".

Is there away (GSV maybe) to test the condition of the "module" so I can capture the triangle into a tag for HMI consumption?

GSV:

Class Name: MODULE
Instance Name: "Name of module in the tree"
Attribute Name: Fault Code
Destination: "Your tag, DINT type"

Any value other than 0 in the destination tag is a problem.

There's also another GSV attribute you can use which will give you the connection status as opposed to the fault status - running is 16#4000, anything else indicates a problem. Personally I prefer to use this because in my mind "connection OK" is "more correct" than just "I see no problems". And also you can wrap it up in an AOI if you want and get various connection statuses out of it in a human-readable format.