Intouch 2017 Activation License Issue

kratos1

Hi everyone,

I have activated Intouch 2017 in Schneider Electric License Manager. After that I reinstalled window and Intouch. I tried to reactivate license but get error: Unable to active License. this Activation ID is already being used.

Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have activated Intouch 2017 in Schneider Electric License Manager. After that I reinstalled window and Intouch. I tried to reactivate license but get error: Unable to active License. this Activation ID is already being used.

Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks

SO you originally had the License installed and then you had to reinstall Windows and Intouch AND the license manager again? Now you get a message that the license is being used?
You may have to call Wonderware (AVEVA tech support) and have them release the license, so you can activate again.

Looks like closest to you is Singapore..
Singapore
AVEVA PTE LTD
15 Changi Business Park Central 1
#03-01
Singapore 486057
Support Tel:
+65 6500 1270

SO you originally had the License installed and then you had to reinstall Windows and Intouch AND the license manager again? Now you get a message that the license is being used?
You may have to call Wonderware (AVEVA tech support) and have them release the license, so you can activate again.

Looks like closest to you is Singapore..
Singapore
AVEVA PTE LTD
15 Changi Business Park Central 1
#03-01
Singapore 486057
Support Tel:
+65 6500 1270

This is 100% correct

Thanks for your reply. I already contact Aveva support. They need some information about End user's Customer First. It is not really easy to contact to our vendor now and take long process as well.
I found some information as below. May help me to solve this issue without contacting AVEVA but I not really understand. Could you guys explain to me.

Q: One of my computers was physically damaged while various components of the Wonderware System
Platform software were running. Licenses had been acquired by the product software. My
understanding is that the licenses are released automatically at the end of “borrowed time” which in
some cases is 20 minutes and in others 14 days but I cannot wait that long. Is there a way I can force the
release of a license using the License Manager?
A: Yes.
Previously, the release of an acquired license involved a multi-step process that included a call to our
Global Customer Service (GCS) team.
The primary solution for this issue is to start up a device with the same name to recover the license. If
the primary solution is not an option, starting with 2017 Update 2, the License Administrator can release
a license by simply selecting it in the License Manager, deactivating and reactivating it. This requires
fewer steps and eliminates the need to contact GCS.
Note: If your system has no connection to the Internet, you need to do the deactivation /reactivation
using the offline procedure.

If a client machine was damaged you should be able to go into the license server and release the license. If the license server was damaged there's no way around this except to contact support. Freeing up the license from the license back end is a 2-minute process once your regional support escalates to Aveva level 2 global support. You need to know the customers entitlement or activation ID from their license. It can also be looked up using their support contract number.

Last edited: