EASY!! How to gather data between two shifts?

faqu2to

Hello,

This will be a very easy answer for most here. I have a simple rung of code in RSLOGIX 5000 V16.04 to count an event everytime it happens so I can review the counter to another counter based on shift start and shift end times. Can I use the processor/Wallclock time to do this? Bascially here is the breakdown.

1 shift 4am-4pm
2 shift 4pm-4am

I want to see how many times an event is happening on each shift for review.

Any help?

Thanks
Jason

Thanks for the replies and info. I really couldn't understand the downloads very well. They opened with explorer and looked more like programming lanuage than PLC code. Unless it was just my lack of experience that couldn't read it. I ended up creating 2 TON's and a RES. Both timers have a value of 43200000 to show 12 hrs on each. Timer1.DN starts timer2. Timer2.DN resets timer1. I use each timers .tt structure to put in front of my counters I use for that shift.