forum format - 'old' thread subject line typeface remains bold typeface

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
For a decade I've been around this forum, the new, first-time threads (in a log-in session) were display in bold typeface.

The subject line typeface for those threads that had been previously displayed in previous log-in sessions were non-bold, regular typeface.

That changed, maybe a couple weeks ago (?), give or take.

Now, older threads appear in bold typeface. Only opened' threads appear in regular typeface.

I found the older method it an easy method of knowing the 'end' of the recent/new/first-time threads - when the bulk of subject lines went from bold to regular type-face.

I'm curious as to whether the change was deliberate or a fluke?

along those lines ...

I've been noticing that the "new post" icons (light bulbs) have lately been replaced with something like a "bulletin board" icon ... then things went back to "normal" (light bulbs) again ...

I personally don't mind what icon gets used - but the COLORS are pretty important to my 73-year old eyes ... personally I need CONTRAST - and the pastel light-blue-on-lighter-blue color scheme has me squinting at the screen just trying to make things out ... (also - other things seem to be changing around while someone is apparently experimenting with a more "modern" look) ...

to anyone who wants my personal opinion, here it is ...

the forum ain't broken - so PLEASE don't fix it ...

thank you ...

I found the older method it an easy method of knowing the 'end' of the recent/new/first-time threads - when the bulk of subject lines went from bold to regular type-face.

I'm curious as to whether the change was deliberate or a fluke?

I agree with danw.
That said the new scenario will not curtail my addiction to this great site...

I posted about this same thing last week in the Casual Talk members forum. I believe the change had to do with a forum software update.

I much preferred the old behavior also, but hey the world's changing and we have to change with it right? Since then I've gotten into the habit of marking the forum read when I'm done reading.

Another irritant I've noticed recently is that when I put a blank line in a post, it actually inserts two when I preview it and I have to go back and delete the extra blank lines.

(All relatively minor annoyances when compared to the value I get from this site.)

markread.png

Super. Back to the way it was ! ! !

Threads opened in a session now go to un-bold typeface when the session ends and it's easy as pie to tell new threads from 'old' threads.

Super. Makes my day.