FT ME Historical Trend

Angella yee

Hello Guys,
I am beginner in factory talk.
I am using factory talk view ME ver 11 and panel view puls 7.
Back then i have configured historical trend, it was working,

but suddenly, my trend didnt show the past data anymore.
I have reconfigured the datalog model set the maximum point to 1000000 and enabled the start up.
When i run time on my PC, the historical trend working but when i download to HMI, it showing the real time data.
Is this problem concern with Time sync with PLC?
Before that we have configured to time sync from PLC to HMI using Global connection.

or is that concern with Memory storage of the HMI?

Any answers would be appreciated, cuz i unfamiliar with factory talk.

The size isn't likely an issue as the data log doesn't just stop when it reaches its limit. Instead, old data is discarded to make room for new data. This is known as First-in First-out.

My first thought is that the destination for the data log might not be correct. If I put something like "C:\DataLog", that is a path my PC understands, but the PV might not.

If you open your application in FactoryTalk View Studio, go to the Data Log model you are using and open the configuration. On the Paths tab what is the Logging path set to? If it is set to "Custom", it may be pointing to a location the PV cannot identify. If it is set to "System default", then the path wouldn't be the issue.

I would not expect any time difference between the PLC and your PV to be an issue. The time logged in the log file comes from the PV, not the PLC. A recent time change on the PV could affect you seeing older logged data. But if you are switching screens and the screen starts over with only live data that would not be a time sync issue.

OG

Last edited: