How to know version of FactoryTalk Service Platform?

In your Start menu / Rockwell Software. click FactoryTalk Updater

It will list the installed version of all Rockwell software and check for updates available.
I don't have such a program installed on that computer.

EDITED LATER: I've found that program. But what is the installation option should be? Agent? Client?

Last edited:
Be careful before upgrading FTSP. That should be well thought out and planned with all that use it.

It's the reason why I'm asking about it. I need to equalize all versions of FTSP on many clients and on the server where the Network Directory is working. But I couldn't understand how to determine what version is installed on a particular computer.

It's the reason why I'm asking about it. I need to equalize all versions of FTSP on many clients and on the server where the Network Directory is working. But I couldn't understand how to determine what version is installed on a particular computer.

Just open the admin console on each computer, you will have to access them individually unless your IT is competent and not just an army of apes(In that case, you might be able to read installed software, or even registries remotely!) and start collecting info in an excel with hostname+version in a table.

Start with your server, then clients. You will have a buggy transition, they are backwards compatible but they become less reliable as the version numbers get so far apart.

Definitely backup the original directory.
Regards,
-PreLC

Start with your server, then clients. You will have a buggy transition, they are backwards compatible but they become less reliable as the version numbers get so far apart.
Yes, I know. I can't correctly work with Alams& Events server for example or unable to restore the application from a backup that was done on a higher version.

Definitely backup the original directory.
Wow! That is an interesting point! Is it mean that I must back up my current Network Directory before upgrade the FTSP? I didn't it before as I remember...

FactoryTalk Updater should be installed with FTAM. It is on all of my computers with Rockwell software.

It isn't tied to a TechConnect contract.

But I didn't see anything on the main screen. Just empty. And I see "Server not connected" in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

Go to your latest S5K download, find the Redist folder, then Updater. Run Updater Client & see if REPAIR shows as an option. If not you might have to uninstall & reinstall.
Usually this is automatic during an installation of S5K or anything with FTAM.

Go to your latest S5K download, find the Redist folder, then Updater. Run Updater Client & see if REPAIR shows as an option. If not you might have to uninstall & reinstall.
Usually this is automatic during an installation of S5K or anything with FTAM.
listing of Redist folder below

Code:
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          .
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          ..
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          Adobe_11.0.09
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          Adobe_Flash_17.0.0.134
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          Cert
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          CodeMeter_5.21.0
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          DotNETFX_3.5SP1
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          DotNETFX_4.0
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          FTDiagnostics_2.73.00
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          ISScript_3.00.185
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          KN64Bit_1.1.18
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          MSXML_4.0SP2
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          OPCRedistributable_3.00.10501
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          SQLServerCE_4.0
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          USBCIP_3.18.02
06/19/2021  12:53 AM    <DIR>          WFCU_1.00.06

Last edited:
My Redsit folder for S5K has 21 folders V33.00.02

UIPdater_2.00.00\FactoryTalk Updater Agent.msi is the installer.

What edition & version do you have?

Maybe just go to Rockwell & see if you can download the Ina taller separately.

Capture.JPG

My Redsit folder for S5K has 21 folders V33.00.02

UIPdater_2.00.00\FactoryTalk Updater Agent.msi is the installer.

What edition & version do you have?

Maybe just go to Rockwell & see if you can download the Ina taller separately.
I have the license up to version 24 maximum.

I just went through all my downloads -Updater V1.0 started with S5K V28

But it IS included with the free RSLinx Lite V4.21 AND FTServices V6.21 downloads
I have installed the FTS 6.20 and I've seen such a program, but it just crashed when I'm trying to launch one. And it looks like as on the attached screenshot on some other computers.

ftupdater.png

Last edited:
It couldn't connect to FactoyTalk Server. If it did your computer would be listed under name with a drop down arro, and the bottom would show green & connected.

See if you can manually start the service FactoryTalk Server, or open FTAM & see if it starts the service or reports a failure.

Also, did you do the famous Microsoft "Reboot the PC"

It couldn't connect to FactoyTalk Server. If it did your computer would be listed under name with a drop down arro, and the bottom would show green & connected.
Nothing appears here. Just empty box.

See if you can manually start the service FactoryTalk Server, or open FTAM & see if it starts the service or reports a failure.
It is Windows 2016 Server where Factory Talk Network Directory is running and a many application are used one. The Factory Talk Server 100 display is always running here. The Factory Talk Activation Manager shows no errors.

Also, did you do the famous Microsoft "Reboot the PC"
This is a production server and every reboot is long long time planning.