How to know version of FactoryTalk Service Platform?

I.m not an IT expert but it seems to me your computer isn't connecting to the FT service.

Any IT guys there that know about networks?

EDIT: Try the Find Machines, Scan & Switch Server buttons on top & see if it locates the service

I have installed the FTS 6.20 and I've seen such a program, but it just crashed when I'm trying to launch one. And it looks like as on the attached screenshot on some other computers.

Does this server have internet access? Updater might need to contact PCDC in order to get the latest software info.

I.m not an IT expert but it seems to me your computer isn't connecting to the FT service.
Let's double-check terms. What do you mean under "FT service" term?

Any IT guys there that know about networks?
No. We're working via rope and a couple of empty cans.... (y)

EDIT: Try the Find Machines, Scan & Switch Server buttons on top & see if it locates the service
Do you need a full-time video or just will trust me? Nothing happens in anyway.

Let's double-check terms. What do you mean under "FT service" term?

Open TaskManager, click on the Services tab & find FactoryTalk Activation Service. If it is not running right click on it and START. If it is running and can't connect tot he server it's a setup issue.

I just checked FT Updater and the server on the bottom is NOT the local FactoryTalk server - it is Rockwell's download server, so your machine isn't connecting to the internet to get to Rockwell.com, or a firewall is blocking it.

The Find Machines button will search the local network for all machines or you can manually add one if you know where it is. Scan scans the software again.

Capture.JPG

Open TaskManager, click on the Services tab & find FactoryTalk Activation Service. If it is not running right click on it and START. If it is running and can't connect tot he server it's a setup issue.

I just checked FT Updater and the server on the bottom is NOT the local FactoryTalk server - it is Rockwell's download server, so your machine isn't connecting to the internet to get to Rockwell.com, or a firewall is blocking it.

The Find Machines button will search the local network for all machines or you can manually add one if you know where it is. Scan scans the software again.

I've disabled FW and got the same.

I have to ask WHY are you trying to upgrade individual components of a working FactoryTalk View SE Network Distributed system?

If you are having connectivity issues with server/clients, or Alarms and Events is not working on a few computers, it is NOT a version issue.

SE distributed systems are like a time capsule, if everything is working you leave it.
If you want to upgrade to a newer version of FactoryTalk View SE, it is better to upgrade the entire system, not individual components.

If you have a single server and a few clients, you should grab a new computer with no Rockwell software on it and install the latest version of FactoryTalk View.

Do a backup of the project on the existing server and restore it on the new computer.
Get all communications working, then build a new client with the new version of FactoryTalk View and add it to the new server, make sure everything is working... then add another.

I have successfully upgraded a SE distributed system with redundant servers and 20 clients from version 8 to version 10. This was to add better connectivity for L82 processors.
It is a project that needs to be well planned out if you want to keep production running while you are doing it.

Upgrading individual components of FactoryTalk on individual computers in a working distributed system, will break EVERYTHING eventually, especially if you don't have a TechConnect contract.

I strongly suggest you do a backup restore to a new server running latest version of FactoryTalk View SE and add new clients from there...