.mer file...Version?

showshocka

Hi. I have vaguely heard about FT ME versions not being able to read down version. I believe from ver9 to 8. I will be looking in to it to find if those are even the two versions.

Anyhow, I have embarked on a .mer runtime file and I don't know the version for which it was created. I do not want to run into the problem of over installing versions I don't need. The file has finally become a recognizable windows FTME icon file once I got up to installing Factory Talk ME 6.1. I have up to version 12 but I don't want to install higher versions and run in to problems.

And by the way, it would not open with ver 6.1, says version incompatibility.

Thanks.

Version FTME.PNG

Thank you dmroeder!

I did'nt want to leave this here and would rather had sent you a personal message being as in your past post I read through, no one asked these same questions as I, they all got it!

I can unzip the .mer using 7zip but I see you have a Mer Version Directory within 2 more of the same. Which one would I unzip the .mer in, and What file am I looking at once unzipped? I further got lost on;

Basically I created a directory in your Documents folder called mer_ver. If everything goes as planned you will not see this directory for very long since I delete it when I'm done with it. Your MER/APA gets unzipped into this directory and I take a peak at a couple of files in order to determine the target version

Mer ver look up.PNG

Looks like you might have downloaded the source code. Download FileVersion v1.4.3.exe instead. It's a portable executable, so it doesn't install, it just runs.

It's a little fuzzy, but I think I remember running into this a couple of times with ME Station. There is a KB article that has a zip called ResDir.zip that contained a batch file which might fix this, if I'm remembering things correctly.

KB BF11165 TechConnect level access.

It's a little fuzzy, but I think I remember running into this a couple of times with ME Station. There is a KB article that has a zip called ResDir.zip that contained a batch file which might fix this, if I'm remembering things correctly.

KB BF11165 TechConnect level access.

Oh yeah, I've had to do this a couple of times with the little micro pcs that ran view station. But I don't think it gave that error when the directory was borked and they can get it running sometimes

Last edited: