Uploaded from 90-30, but project is not equal to controller

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Day two on working on the 90-30 controller I posted about yesterday. I was able to connect to it via Proficy Machine Edition (8.6) and just uploaded from the controller and got all the data from the PLC. However, it shows the 'x' through the target and says project and controller are not equal. How could that be, if I literally just uploaded everything from the controller?

Unfortunately since the project and controller aren't equal, I can't observe the logic so I'm still stuck.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm at the site and my internet is so poor that searching the forum is literally not working. Somehow I am able to at least post.

Update: After letting my browser grind for what seemed like forever, google searches in the forum finally came up and it seems that if Logicmaster was used to program the controller, even when you upload with PME you have to write with PME to make the project equal. When validating, I come up with no errors but three warnings about data type mismatches, but when checking them it's bizarre; two of the warnings are simply a NO contact to a coil, and the third is a MOVE INT box triggered by several contacts.

I really hate to mess anything up, but from what I've read warnings can be ignored? But why would the warning be there at all, if the exact same logic with different registers below don't get warnings?

Last edited:
That's correct about needing to download what you just uploaded to get to Logic Equal when moving from one programming platform to another.

PME is much more finicky about matching data types than Logicmaster was. It probably created a WORD tag for that %M0801 address you mentioned yesterday and threw the warning when it found %M0801 and %M0802 used with boolean instructions. Did you write down the warning numbers? If you can post them or a backup of the program, I'll try to set your mind at ease.

As long as the program you post is no newer than PME 9.5 that is. Since I retired I haven't kept up my license subscriptions.

That's correct about needing to download what you just uploaded to get to Logic Equal when moving from one programming platform to another.

Thanks for the confirmation on that.

PME is much more finicky about matching data types than Logicmaster was. It probably created a WORD tag for that %M0801 address you mentioned yesterday and threw the warning when it found %M0801 and %M0802 used with boolean instructions. Did you write down the warning numbers? If you can post them or a backup of the program, I'll try to set your mind at ease.

Ah, gotcha. I did write down the warning numbers; all three are "Warning 8022: Type mismatch between variable and instruction". Two of them are on the same rung. I can also post a backup of the program, it should be attached.

As long as the program you post is no newer than PME 9.5 that is. Since I retired I haven't kept up my license subscriptions.

I'm PME 8.6, so I think we should be good. Thanks!

Here's what I had to do to get it to validate with no warnings or errors.

I created two new INT variables, one I called M00801INT addressed to %M00801, the other I called M00817INT addressed to %M00817. I used those two variables in place of the boolean M00801 and M00817 variables in the MOVE_INT instructions on rungs 25 and 49 of the NEWCTRL program block. Then I had to make sure the retentive properties for all of the variables addressed within the range of %M00801 through %M00832 were set to False. Some were set to True.

Note: I'm pretty sure that the rung numbers flagged in the initial validation were off by 1 from the actual rungs that had the problem. I think the initial validation called out rungs 26 and 50.

I would do the upload with the controller in stop mode. That will make sure you get all CPU config data also. Sometimes an upload only uploads logic and not CPU cfg.