GE Fanuc Service Request 14

I_Am_Groot_67

Hello everyone!

I am trying to properly program a service request 14 (clear PLC and I/O fault tables) on a GE Fanuc 374 CPU. I am using Proficy 8.6 Sim 15.

I have copied the code following the example in the help section of Proficy. I have no issue clearing the PLC fault table, but when I attempt to reset the I/O fault table the PLC goes into fault shutdown. The only difference between the two is the parameter value (for the PLC reset I have the %R0500 set to 0 and for the I/O reset I have %R0550 set to 1).

The errors I am seeing in the fault tables are 1)Bad remote application request. Discarding request. and 2)Controller CPU software fault.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

For service request 14
A "0" clears the PLC Fault table, and a "1' clears the IO Fault table.

Also have a pulse bit or one shot on the service request, you do not want to leave the "0" or "1" there.

If you want to know when to clear...
%S0009 bit is PLC Fault table full, %SC0010 bit is on any PLC fault in table
%S0010 bit is IO Fault table full, %SC0011 bit is on any IO fault in table
%SC0009 bit is any fault present in either table

It will help to read the 9030 CPU instruction set manual.. GFK0467, which I guess you have because you are using the same registers as the example in the manual.
I believe you are having the issue because you are leaving the "0" or the "1" on.

You also mentioned "reset the fault"?
What service request are you using? I am not aware you can "reset a fault" in 90-30 CPU, only clear all faults.

Installing a positive transition coil in between the input and the logic fixed everything. I was using an old manual GFK0467M (2002) and the example did not have the positive transition coils in the logic.

Installing a positive transition coil in between the input and the logic fixed everything. I was using an old manual GFK0467M (2002) and the example did not have the positive transition coils in the logic.

Yes... I noticed that in the old manual also. However I have done several Service requests and already found out it takes a transition coil to operate.