Problem in Eplan Electric P8

The symbols are not correct size, check the Imperial setting

Hi,

Can you please explain more? How can I check the settings for symbols?
I've used metric before, and never had problem. This time maybe units inconsistency is the problem!
Thanks

Try turning snap to grid off and using the multi-place trick... it automatically aligns the placed objects with other objects

Patrick,

What do you mean by multi-place trick? Can yoy please explain more? I turned the grid off, but still doesn't work.

Yesterday I imported an backup^-project form V1.9 into v2.5 and had the same problem with the new 'potential-arrows'
( e.g. ---> L1)that I placed.

So maybe that's a reason why this occurs.

my be this replay is late, but I faced this problem too, and I fix it.
simply select all the symbols and lines and click "align on Grid", simply fix it.

Hello all,

I got an issue with connecting components in Eplan Electric P8. I used this software before for my three line drawings but this is a new issue with new installation.
The problem is when I try to connect a component to a main bus using a T connection (or any other connection type), Eplan doesn't recognize all pins as usual. It only detects the left pin as you can see in the attached images.
I know there must be something wrong with grid setting but I tried different numbers for grid and none of them worked.
I should add that i have no issue with connecting two components together and this happens when Im trying to use connection points. I also aligned all components into the grid but still doesnt work.
Do we have any expert Eplan Electric P8 user here to help me?

Thabk you
hi
you should select IEC_tpl003.ept template when create new project .
thanks

Eplan connection problem SOLVED

at first, try turning on "snap to grid" then "align to grid" the symbol that can not be connected. if It didn't work, then the problem is caused by the measuring unit. the difference between Inch and mm. you might have checked mm when u installed the software and now you are using Inch
go to option>setting>user>display>check mm box
and
option>setting>user>graphical editing and put grid sizes to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 from A to E respectively
Done!
you can now use auto connection
I spent 2 days on the sentences above :)

here is also a bug you should consider (at least it is a problem on Eplan 2022 Update 7).
When choosing inches as a unit for pages the default grid size for P&I pages becomes 0.0984 In which is not in the user defined grid sizes. Make sure your user defined grid size is the same as your default page grid size. Otherwise certain symbols have issues autoconnecting.
4ac9g1zd5rua1.png