adding connection to multistate pb

Tryingtolearn

hi i am trying to use a multistate pb for forward and reverse in ftview 12 but cannot work out how to add both connections to the multistate please help me.
Thanks in advance

Never liked the multistate button personally.

There is just one tag connection associated with this button. Typically, this would be an integer type tag (SINT/INT/SINT).

You would configure each state to set that tag to a specific value. The values you choose are up to you.

I could set the first state (State 0) with a value of 1 and have a caption "Forward". Then have the next state with a value of 0 and a caption of "Off". Then for the next state have a value of 2 with a caption of "Reverse.

I would add another state with a value of 0 and the caption of "Off". You will get a warning having two states with the same value. But we do want this.

That way pressing the button it would go Off, FWD, Off, REV, Off, FWD, Off, REV, ...etc. Without that, it would go Off, FWD, REV, Off, FWD, REV, ...etc. This is because once it reaches the last state, it cycles back to the first state. So, just a suggestion.

Then in your PLC logic, examine that tag. When it has a value of one, trigger your forward state. When it has a two, trigger reverse. And if it is zero, stop.

If all you want is to select between Forward and Reverse with no Off setting, just use a Maintained push button.

OG