Mitsubishi Q-Series Ethernet Communication Error

Welshy

Hi everyone,

I'm currently configuring a Q-series PLC (Q10UDEHCPU), using GX Wroks 2, and a Q71E71-100 Ethernet communication module to facilitate comms. Ethernet communication seems to be working fine, I am sending/receiving data between a HMI via a ethernet switch but I've noticed the COM ERR LED light is red on the ethernet module.

On the ethernet diagnostics page of GX Works 2, I can see the following errpr detail:
Error End COde: C080
Sub Header: 0000
Command COde: 0000
Connection No.: 0012
Host Station Port No. : 0000
Destination I.P Address: 0.0.0.0
Destination Port No. : 0000

I've looked up the error code and searched in the code for issues tjhat may be causing this but I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this error, and how I should resolve it.

I currently have 3 open settings for the ethernet card, 1 direct connection to the HMI and 2 melsoft ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

According to the manual C080 The destination IP address could not be obtained during CC-Link IE Controller Network, CC-Link IE Field
Network, MELSECNET/H, MELSECNET/10 relay communications or communications using data link instructions.
• Set the Station No. <-> IP information in the Ethernet module.
• Change the conversion method for the CC-Link IE Controller
Network, CC-Link IE Field Network, MELSECNET/H, and
MELSECNET/10 relay communication parameters.
From memory, the red light does not go off automatically you have to reset the error, it could just be that there was a loss of communications at some point, one of our systems had this although it never stopped anything, we only had a Scada system connected & could go on-line so providing everything is working I would not worry.
I would reset it occasionally, but it would come back after a few days.

Thanks, yes I have read the manual and the info regarding the error code.

I have tried restarting several time, clearing the error all with no success. The error keeps coming in a few times every second it seems. I've gone through all the communication setup that I'm aware of and checked it all and can't find any issues.

Might be I've been looking at this too long and can't see a simple issue in front of me, but with my basic knowledge of Mits I'm stumped.

Like I said comms is working so far between the PLC and the HMI, but this error is just persisting and I'd like to get rid of the red LED before a client visits.

What if you connect direct ? do you get the same error popping up.
What HMI are you using ?
Perhaps post a screenshot of the config of both the QJ71 & the HMI