RSLogix5000. Open Trend Log in Excel.

smcmanus

I am able to save a recorded trend to a log file. This file has an extention "TBS". For example "mytrend.tbs". Now I want to be able to open it in Excel and maybe view it in a chart. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks for your response.

I believe you can save it as a .csv file as well. Then you'll be able to open it.

I confirm Paully's5.0 post - choos CSV file as your trend log save, this will open with Excel. These files tend to be very large, recording values of all your pens at the programmed sample rate.

Alternatively if you only want to draw "graphs" of your trends, why not just use a screen capture program and capture the trend picture from RSLogix.

Alternatively you can bypass RSLogix alltogether, Insert an RSLogix TrendX object directly onto an Excel worksheet (or Word, or Powerpoint, etc.)

If you are refering to the log file saved on a VersaviewCE you need the conversion routine DigConverter.exe
There are two log files saved on the VersaView data.log & data.tag, you need both.