How can i get Siemens SCADA license

HamzaAhmed

Hi guys,

I am going to use Siemens SCADA but i have to buy their license.
How can i know what type of license i need?

It their license depends on the number on tags? or annually commission or what?

Which scada software?

V7.x or WinCC Professional?

But yes, both are based on tag count and whether you are developing or just run time

Which scada software?

V7.x or WinCC Professional?

But yes, both are based on tag count and whether you are developing or just run time

I don't know what software i need.

I need to make SCADA connected with PLC micrologix 1400 via modbus.
is that possible? what do you suggest?

I don't know what software i need.

I need to make SCADA connected with PLC micrologix 1400 via modbus.
is that possible? what do you suggest?
Is all your hardware rockwell? Why did you pick siemens for scada?

If it's all the same to you go with Ignition.

Siemens has different levels of WinCC in TIA portal, the which to choose is dependent on the application the visualization is done for.

I don't know the different between Tia portal or V7, who is the best for SCADA?
500tag

V7 is a full blown SCADA... it's not just a license, but a whole lot of things to account for like Operating System, etc...

500 tags also seem very low for a SCADA system (assuming it's all brand new), so do you mean SCADA or HMI?