Zebra Ethernet/IP Printer and Studio 5000

Hope it works out but I can only see the zebra solution working on very non-demanding applications with only a few different kind of labels. And not very future proof.

It's just hard with just a PLC because it's really the wrong kind of tool for the job of handling a printer.

An industrial IT solution would be better than an automation solution.

More than 3 years and 38K view, the madness seem to be getting stronger, lol.

Beckhoff PLC + Zebra ZT610

Hey guys, I've been reading your posts about interfacing an AB PLC with a Zebra printer. I'm curious if any of you had to customize the label (with variable text input) text boxes in Zebra Designer to match the variable names in the PLC in order to get the correct information populated into the label text.

Currently, I have created the label file in Zebra Design Essentials 3. I printed the file to my desktop and uploaded the file to an online zpl viewer to get the .zpl format of the file.

I can successfully test print this label when I open communication to the printer via the Zebra utilities software, but am unable to get the correct label information to appear on the label when the PLC triggers the print command. I'm using Tcp/IP settings for the port that the printer is connected to on the Beckhoff PLC.

Do you guys have any ideas on this?

Urgent

HELLO @widelto

COULD YOU SEND THE FIRMWARE FILE AND PROGRAM CODE?

I CANNOT SOLVE PROBLEM AND NOW I AM IN FRONT OF PLC AND VERY LITTLE TIME

[email protected]

Hi folks:
Recently I received a new software package for my ZT410 zebra printer, this package includes firmware for printer port (EIP) , AOP (add on profile) and some documents that explain how to setup the printer.

Setting up the whole thing is easy, in my case I will use 2D code (QR code), but using bar code is exactly the same.

The only you have to do is organize how your data is going to be printed, you have to use ZebraDesigner software to design your label and and send the label to be written on printer flash memory, then copy ascii character to your plc´s printer buffer then send data to your printer and voila.

See attached files.

@Drbitboy :
That´s a good idea, I am out the country right now.
My idea is to post my plc program, I´ll be back next week.
I sent it to whom requested it.
Those who are requesting the package I guess I still have it with me , let me check . Other wise next week when i got back.