Barcode scanner communication with Wago PLC

Mehak

hi guys, I have to write a program to trigger and receive data from a barcode reader via an RS485 module plugged on Wago PFC 200. Does anyone know the way to do it?

Thanks

Unless ready made code for that specific bar code scanner is available, the only sensible thing at this point is to find the specs of the scanner, more specifically the communication protocol and start from there.

If all you have ever done is turn relays on and off in PLC code, with or without some delays here and there, then you may be in for a bumpy ride. You can learn a lot along the way.

Barcode scanner is of Pepperl + Fuchs manufacturer, Mac address 502, IP is 192.168.1.190, TCP Port (23), Bytes in symbol (13) and output power is 24 v DC. I attached the picture of scanner. I want to communicate this scanner with Wago PLC PFC 200. But the problem is couldn't find any library related to this. If any of you know about this then please help me.
Thank you

barcode scanner_1.jpg barcode scanner.jpg

Heh, TCP port 23 is telnet, for terminal connection over TCP/IP.

You might be able to run [telnet.exe 192.168.1.190] from cmd.exe to the device and fiddle around to figure out what is expects. Presumably the WAGO has socket-based instructions e.g. CODESYS libraries

• SysLibSockets.lib
  • SysLibSocketsAsync.lib
?

Why the RS485 module? The MAC500 you posted has an RS232 port and an ethernet port. Using the ethernet port makes the most sense.

PFC200 can have several PLC runtimes. Wago Codesys V2.3, Wago e!****pit (based on codesys V3.5) or a Codesys runtime.

As V3 was released 15 years ago, you should use either e!****pit or the Codesys runtime. With these I would use the Net Base Services library over syssockets.

Figuring out the telnet commands is a matter of using a manual, or asking P+F if they have a Codesys example code for their sensor.