RS 500: Copy Register values from One program to another?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a .RSS file that has had a lot of the logic modified but I want to import all of the set points and recipes as they currently are in the PLC. Is there a way I can export just the values associated with register addresses and then re-import them into the new version?

If you have two instances of RSLogix 500 open at the same time, you can drag a data file from one to the other and it will bring the values with it. There is another method that has come up on the forum, but I will have to hunt for it.

If you have two instances of RSLogix 500 open at the same time, you can drag a data file from one to the other and it will bring the values with it. There is another method that has come up on the forum, but I will have to hunt for it.

I think you can select/highlight multiple values and copy/paste them too.

I think you can select/highlight multiple values and copy/paste them too.
Thanks Guys I will give them both a try

IIRC, when you "drop" the file into the target location, the cursor needs to be on top of an existing file of the same type but can be a different file number. Be careful not to replace the wrong file. The software will warn you about replacing it even if it is the same file number.