Windows 10 Enterprise USB Bootable

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I have a Windows 10 Enterprise ISO that I added to a USB drive by using RUFUS.

I disabled “secure boot” to get the usb to boot up to Windows 10 Enterprise, but it doesn’t recognize the M.2 SSD hard drive when it boots up so the HD can be formatted.

I assume that the SSD HD drivers need to be added to the bootable USB disk. The SSD is Samsung. I would have thought the Windows 10 ISO would have had the SSD drivers.

Is there generic SSD drivers that need to be added to the ISO or is this a BIOS setting that’s no allowing the HD to be detected when booting to the ISO. One last note is that when I go into the BIOS the HD is detected. It’s just not during boot up from the ISO

Thanks for helping

35873314-0F69-4594-8C80-267B395A0A59.jpg

I gave up on RUFUS for reasons like this. I use the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool. This was a Microsoft tool back when Windows 7 came out. It will make the USB drive bootable using Windows PE and allows you to select the ISO you want to load.

Microsoft removed it from their site. It was here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

But I'm sure with a little searching you can find it. I have it at home so I can always post it later.

But all that said, sometimes the problem is with the BIOS/UEFI on the PC. There may be something else beyond disabling Secure Boot that is preventing that drive from being accessible. But I would try the MS tool and see if that helps.

OG

Awhile back I remember interacting with a computer that wouldn't display the storage media in the Win10 (probably LTSC at the time) install wizard. It had something to do with the media being reported to the installer as Removable rather than non-removeable.

If there are settings in the BIOS for that you might want to set them to non-removable. And there might be ACPI settings (that don't necessarily say anything about SATA/NVMe) that need to be set to ACPI rather than legacy mode. (I think one of them in that BIOS was called "LPSS & SCC")

Thanks I downloaded the Microsoft tool, but errors every time it starts to copying.
any ideas?
I've tried different USB drives as well.

Do you have any other tolls to make a USB bootable from an ISO?

Your storage needs to be set to UEFI, not any of the legacy options.

Typically you want the drive to be in ACHI, not raid or anything else.

It can get a touch complicated, you may need to boot the install in advanced mode and wipe the drive via DISKPART and clean, before you can work to install it.