Float level switch

Charbel

dear,

i am assigning start/stop levels for the sump pump, i was wondering what is the minimum differential level that can be used when a float type level switches are used.

Is there a minimum differential level to consider?

Of course, it depends on the selected float type level switch, but appreciate if anybody encountered such issue and provide me with a datasheet of a typical float level switch.

thank you,

Charbel

The only thing you really need to consider is the number of starts per hour on the pump, you say a float switch do you mean low & high level not just a single switch ?.
If it is only a single switch without low/high switching then you will need to think about using timers on the switch so you do not hunt the pump. The type of switch you are going to use would be helpful.
As a general rule of thumb more than 10 starts an hour (on a large pump) is not recommended but will depend on it's specs.
Typical types for A = Max Starts/Hr, B = Maximum product of starts per hour times load WK2 C = Minimum rest or off time in seconds between starts
2 Pole motor
HP | A | B | C
10 |4.8 |21 |110
4 Pole Motor
HP | A | B | C
10 |9.6 |99 |55