kiss my grits

I remember working for the oil industry in California in 2000. Wonderware bookcases of software update cds.

Aveva is SE. They bought Areva, Wonderware, Indusoft, Citect, Telvent DMS , Clearscada, etc... So they had to find a way to f**k up antitrust laws. That's why you have Aveva.

I'm just now discovering this. I developed a project in Indusoft around 2014. I'm planning on doing a very similar project in a few months. I just sent off for price quotes but with all the negative comments here, I'm second guessing going this route.

I've alway wanted to try ignition but back in 2014, they couldn't compete pricewise with IWS. Might have to give them a call.

I received my quotes back for both products. They both were quite a bit more than expected. They were both a lot closer in price than expected.

I've played with AdvancedHMI. As far as the HMI side, it's very straightforward. I've always been looking for a reason to use it out in the plant. This just might be the time.
The only thing holding me back is I don't know much about SQL, if we're being honest.
The system would need to be able to print line charts of a batch at the end of every process. I can easily do it in Indusoft with their historian, but doing it with AdvancedHMI is going to require some YouTube education and more...

I've found the M340 and M580 to be a very reliable platform. No issues at all. Think I've had one analog output card failure in 8 years, out of over a hundred I/O cards and 25+ installations.

If the boiler guy was running old modicon premium or quantum processors, well i wouldn't be too surprised about a failure there... they're ancient now.

The fact that you can still upgrade an old quantum from 15+ years ago to run the modern Unity / ControlExpert firmware and take advantage of the features added over that timeframe is awesome.

I think the OP just had some bad weed and was feeling grumpy.

Same as you no issues with the plc range. Support and spare holding is a different kettle of fish

That's why Aveva exists. I/We/Us can choose to use products that are best for the project and customer. I will never willing use anything Aveva, same thing with FactoryTalk. If the customer has to have it, they will pay a premium for it.

Schneider is just doing stupid ****, they have multiple products that are essentially the same, some sold by Aveva and its partners and some sold by Schneider but with different limitations in each system to somehow not stand on each others toes.

Its just a cluster****.

Back
Top Bottom