Vision system programming

Jim G.

I am being given a Keyence Vision system controller CV-X472F to send inputs to a Do-More BX-DM1E-M-D PLC.
The inputs will be based on vision field "tools" in the Keyence.
There will be 8 inputs needed. (4 Good-No Good conditions)
I never done this type of interface before.

Can someone help get me started on what is needed to send these input conditions to my PLC? Communication will be ethernet.

Thanks

I've done something similar on a Keyence CV-X172 and a DirectLogix 06 controller. It may not be identical but I used a ribbon cable from the Keyence controller to the PLC input terminals. I used 3 digital inputs to determine if each camera sent a "reject/no good" signal.

Thank you for the replies.

I have ethernet on the controller. This is the preferred method of getting the inputs to the PLC, but I have never done that type of programming before, so I don't know where to start.

I am ordering the ribbon as a contingency backup.

If you wait about 30 minutes, at least 3 different Keyence salesmen will be in your lobby. They will only sale products that have no useful application in your facility, but they can contact 5 more salesmen that may be able to assist you.

If you wait about 30 minutes, at least 3 different Keyence salesmen will be in your lobby. They will only sale products that have no useful application in your facility, but they can contact 5 more salesmen that may be able to assist you.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So very true!!

LOL. I found that the Keyence bat-signal is signing in to download a manual.