InTouch 9.5 Alarm DB Logger Manager Problem

thetripathi

Hello All,
I am using Intouch 9.5 for my application and I want to have configure Historical Alarms.I have installed SQL Express Edition for this in my HMI Server. When I open Alarm DB Logger Manager and try to connect to the database, it shows no coonection to the server.By default it selects the database WWALMDB. But If I am correct I need to create that database first somewhere in the SQL Server and then try to connect to it.Then how to do it ? Or is there any other way of doing this and make it working ?

Thanks in advance

Preet

thetripathi said:
Hello All,
I am using Intouch 9.5 for my application and I want to have configure Historical Alarms.I have installed SQL Express Edition for this in my HMI Server. When I open Alarm DB Logger Manager and try to connect to the database, it shows no coonection to the server.By default it selects the database WWALMDB. But If I am correct I need to create that database first somewhere in the SQL Server and then try to connect to it.Then how to do it ? Or is there any other way of doing this and make it working ?

Thanks in advance

Preet

Hello

I hope this will help you: Setting-up the Alarm DB Logger Manager and the Alarm DB View ActiveX Control

regards

From teh Alarm DB Logger Manager, go to settings, and fill in the appropriate info. Press the create button to create the WWALMDB database. There's a test button to test your connection.

Hello

I have similar problem.
I'm using version 10.6.

I'm starting Alarm DB Logger Manager and trying to fill in the required fields:
server name: (localhost) or local
Database: WWALMDB
User Name: wwAdmin
pass: wwAdmin

When I hit Create it's always: Connection failed, check user name or passwords
Test Connection gives the same.

How to determine if the server is running and WWALMDB exist at all ?

Please help

First i would recommend starting a new Thread.

It looks to me like you dont have the correct SQL username password. I would recommend you use your "sa" password. When you can successfully test the connection you know you have the right permissions to create the WWALMDB database. without your sa password if you have admin rights in SQL you can create another user.

You will also be able to see the WWALMDB database in SQL.

Good luck

The SA password must match a password for a user with admin privileges. You cannot change the password on the user account. It must match SA password.
There is a way in the system registry to change the SA password.

I also got same problem. Even SQL server has been configured in Mixed mode and able to log in by sa username.
Any master can help me?

2.JPG 1.JPG

If you drill down on the database folder inside SQLServer Management Studio you should be able to see if the WWALMDB database and tables were created. If not, press the create button to create it first before testing the connection.

Open Microsoft Sql Server Management studio. In the left pane expand logins. Create a new login called wwAdmin with a password of whatever you want. I use wwAdmin as the password. Make sure under login name that Sql Server Authentication is checked. For server roles ensure the appropriate stuff is checked such as db creator. Reboot the box then attempt to create the database using those credentials using Alarm DB logger manager.

If you drill down on the database folder inside SQLServer Management Studio you should be able to see if the WWALMDB database and tables were created. If not, press the create button to create it first before testing the connection.

Thank you but even i press "create" button, it also show the same message.

Open Microsoft Sql Server Management studio. In the left pane expand logins. Create a new login called wwAdmin with a password of whatever you want. I use wwAdmin as the password. Make sure under login name that Sql Server Authentication is checked. For server roles ensure the appropriate stuff is checked such as db creator. Reboot the box then attempt to create the database using those credentials using Alarm DB logger manager.

Thank for your support,
I got try but still got the same resut. Very weird.